Monday, October 18, 2010

Scene Sixty-One: C'est my Vie

I make the most of every day, but some days are just better than others. This one, for example. That's not at all what I expected.

See, I failed my first Arabic midterm. And I don't use the term 'fail' lightly. I did not pass and I knew it when I turned it in.

It happens, moving on.

This morning after class Professor Kadhim called me aside to speak about it, which (although a bit embarrassing) was expected enough. What he had to say- that was unexpected.

"I'm not going to count this one, ok? But the next midterm that we have will count double for you."

Jaw drop.
Gratitude.
Grin and skip.

On to Shakespeare, where we're covering A Midsummer Night's Dream.

To illustrate the simple yet complex parallelism and contrast that weave Shakespearean yarns, Professor Gamboa read aloud Go, Dog! Go!- one of my favorite children's books. He even used the doc-cam to show us the pictures.

Then (as if this day couldn't get any better), I got an extra slice of sushi in my lunchbox from the Hop. Some days are just better than others.

© Copyright Callista Womick 2010

*** Update 1 (11 Nov. 2010): I made an A on my second midterm. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment