Sunday, March 7, 2010

Scene Twenty-Four: Farmville

If you play Zynga's Farmville (or any of Zynga's games, really), then you know how addicting it is.

Until recently, I was one of those poor saps who set cell phone timers to alert me when crops were ready to harvest. Obviously, I had a problem.

No, really. It was a problem. I was sinking hours and hours of my life into what? A virtual farm. (I feel so lame saying it.) Seriously, though, I'm confidant that this game is single-handedly responsible for reducing my GPA by at least 0.2.

About a year ago, when the high-school senior workload was weighing on me, I un-added the app.

Obviously, that strategy didn't endure; so this time I did something even more prohibitive: I constructed! The app is still added, but it is virtually useless as a procrastination tool. I paved paradise and put up a parking lot, so to speak...:









Ok, ok. I still indulge in new decorations when they're released, but at least I'm no longer determined to master every crop, right?

On the other hand, the campus craze Robot Unicorn Attack is taking me for a ride... Open your eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment