Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Scene Forty-Eight: The Weather

When I finally have kids, they're going to walk to school. And they're not going to complain about it. Because if they do, I'll just tell them that when I was in the fourth grade I lived in New Hampshire. And did you know that in New Hampshire if you live within a mile of your school you have to walk there, no matter how deep the snow is? One day I had to climb out the kitchen window because we got six feet of snow overnight and couldn't open the front door.
-Randy, Morehead City, NC

This is the story that I got from a new acquaintance while vacationing with my family at Atlantic beach this week. I told him that last winter was very mild, hardly any snow at all.

"Well," he said, "there's always this year."

No comments:

Post a Comment