Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Scene Thirty-One: The Best-Laid Plans...

A few days ago I posted that my courses for this term are Arabic 3, Biology 7 (my First-Year Seminar), and Spanish 9. This is no longer the case.

For several reasons, I chose to drop Spanish 9 and add Psychology 24 (Abnormal Psychology).

Woah! 1/10 of the term has already passed? Is that okay?

Dartmouth allows us to add/drop courses more or less at leisure during the first five days of term and to add/drop courses with professors' permission during the second five days. Luckily, I was able to convince both Professor Jan Scheiner (of Psych 24) and Professor Catherine Cramer (the department head) to allow me the opportunity to switch in.

Even more fortuitous, I was able to convince Professor Cramer to exempt me from the Psychology 1 prerequisite on the basis of an AP Psychology course (even though I didn't take the AP Exam) and two psychology-based classes taken at Duke University's TIP Summer Studies.

Moral 1: You're not bound to your original class schedule.
Moral 2: Ask for prerequisite exemptions!

No comments:

Post a Comment