Saturday, May 1, 2010

Scene Thirty-Seven: First-Year Family Weekend

They began trickling in yesterday and now stream through doorways and hallways and walkways all over campus: our families! This is sorta like Dimensions, but with fewer Greek events hoping to entice the population influx.

My mom, dad, and sister, Maia, flew up from North Carolina today and've already had a taste of the sort of schedule that we keep at Dartmouth.

As soon as they stepped off the Dartmouth Coach I ushered them to Collis for a 'surprise' birthday party. We then rushed lunch from Collis Cafe before posing for the aerial PRIDE photoa on the Green. (Maia is holding a blue bag in the right leg of R, Mom is third from the top of I, and Dad is in brown at the center of D's curve.) Mom and Dad then went to drop their bags off and nap while Maia and I went to tie-dye at KDE. She and I wedged in a viewing of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog before I volunteered with FYF Weekend registration at Collis from 6-8pm. At 8pm I ran to meet them at Rollins for the Dartmouth Aires' reunion show. After the show they opted not to go to Family Fun at Collis. Really, who turns down a capella, dancing, billiards, and a Really Big Bingo Game? They wanted to sleep.

My day continued with Theta Delt's PRIDE dance party and ends with laundry and this.

Tomorrow brings a trip up Baker's bell tower, an ice cream social, A Midsummer Night's Dream presented by The Rude Mechanicals in the BEMA, and Spring Sing! at the Hop featuring the Cords, the Dodecs, and Sheba. Before seeing Young the Giant at Tri-Kap, of course.

Dear old Dartmouth...

© Lisa Green 2010
 
a Update 9 Aug. 2012: the D broke this link; will post another if I can find the photo elsewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment